May 19 2021 – Franki Williams
According to the Skin Cancer Foundation's website, "1 out of 5 Americans will develop skin cancer by age 70.", and the two main causes for skin cancer today? The sun's harmful UV rays + ultraviolet (UV) tanning beds.
Thankfully, due to advancements in research and SPF technology, it's easier than ever to incorporate sun protection into your daily life. Here are five easy ways to protect your skin from the sun's harmful rays this summer :
- Limit your sun exposure during peak hours from 10am - 4pm, when the sun's rays are the strongest.
- Apply a broad-spectrum SPF every single day, and don't forget to reapply every 2 hours or more frequent if swimming.
- Shop Totality Skincare's Best Selling SPF Skincare, Makeup, + Sunscreens here.
- Keep shaded with accessories. An oversized hat and a large pair of UV sunglasses can give you added protection from signs of early aging.
- Avoid tanning beds like the plague. Swap to sunless tanning for that natural, summer glow, minus the wrinkles!
- Click here to book yourself an organic spray tan at Totality Medispa.
- Wear sun-protective clothing. Thanks to fabrics with UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor), you can now have even more control over your UV exposure.
Did you find these tips helpful? Leave a comment below and let us know! If you enjoyed this article, share with your friends and family to spread the importance of sun protection.
We hope you enjoy your summer, and remember to practice safe sun!
- Totality Skincare
1. "Skin Cancer 101" Skin Cancer Foundation, Jan 2021, https://www.skincancer.org/skin-cancer-prevention/.